SPY’s Community Newsletter #210
Please note that the tent set-up day for the SPY’s Dime Pitch Booth has been changed! Originally, it was reported that the set-up would occur on Wednesday, August 17th. at the park. Helpers will now be needed starting at 5 PM on THURSDAY, AUGUST 18TH. Hope to see you there!
Looking For Some Shift Workers
Texas Hold ‘Em Tournament events are a MAJOR source of revenue for the SPY’s and the youth and community projects and activities we support.
We work Texas Hold ‘Em events usually three times a year. The work involved here is simply selling chips to the players. The chairman of this activity is Jeff Gibbs (517-930-6989). The next event we are schedule to work is Wednesday, August 31st. thru Saturday, September 3rd. This will be the last Texas Hold “Em we are scheduled to work this year.
These events usually run from Noon until 2 AM. Consequently, Jeff puts together a schedule of 2-person shifts to cover the hours of operation of the event. We usually are required by the operators of the Hold ‘Ems to split an event with another charity. However, for this event, we have been given the opportunity to run the total event, which will double our profits.
If you can help out and could pull a shift or two on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, please give Jeff a call. Due to the special circumstances with this particular Hold ‘Em, it has the potential of being a tremendous financial wind-fall for the SPY’s.
· Wayne Simmons made a donation to the Dime Pitch Booth activity.
· Quality Hardwoods and Luke Brogger made a donation to the “Sunfield Welcomes You” sign project.
The Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) extend a warm welcome to Gabe Bowen who signed on as our newest member last Tuesday.
Please be watching your email boxes for the next few days because there has been so much news and material submitted lately that I couldn’t jam it all into one massive Newsletter.
• Deep Thought of the Week: Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them.
• Notable Quote: "Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.”---John F. Kennedy
• That’s Puny Department: Koi fish always travel in groups of four because, when attacked, while the A Koi---the B Koi---and the C Koi escape, the predator will always go after the D Koi.
• Did You Know Section: Mount Everest has what is called the “Graveyard in the Clouds” which is from hikers dying that haven’t been found or are unable to be recovered. But, from time to time their bodies reappear after a glacier move or avalanche.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past
SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these
SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.