SPY's Newsletter 7/24/22
SPY’s Community Newsletter #205
Thank You Trash Pickers!
Project Chairman Derek “Captain Highway” Desgranges would like to send out a BIG Sunfield Area SPY salute to the following fine folks who helped out on our second Adopt-A-Highway trash pick-up of the season this past Saturday, as well as some of the folks that took advantage of the option of participating earlier in the week:
Buddy & Jari Collins
John & Sandy Fisher
What a great turnout! Job well done pickers!
Centennial Acres Is Having A
Fish Fry This Friday
That’s right folks, the Centennial Golf & Banquet Center’s Fish Fry returns this Friday, July 29th. Get a generous portion of house battered Walleye—French fries or baked potato---coleslaw---roll---home-made tartar sauce---and brownie or cookie. Yum!
Serving starts at 5 PM and goes until 8:30 PM. To-go orders are welcome by calling 517-566-8055.
Dime Pitch Booth Looking For Helpers
The Dime Pitch Booth is a fund-raiser the SPY’s run during the Sunfield Farmer’s Picnic. This year’s Picnic will be held mainly Friday and Saturday, August 19th -20th.
We are looking for people willing to help out with various easy tasks to help make the Dime Pitch Booth successful. By volunteering you will be helping us help kids and the community! Below are the kinds of chores we need help with:
Big Tent Set-Up, Wednesday, August 17th at 5 PM
Game Setup, Friday
• Unloading the trailer
• Game table assembly
• Populate game table with dishes
• Game perimeter barrier assembly
• Hang tarps
• Setup of cashier’s table
• Hang game signs in appropriate places
Help In The Operation Of The Game
• Game will open for play at 3 PM on Friday.
• Need one individual as Cashier.
• Need three to four individuals per shift to help operate the game table on Friday and Saturday.
Duties Of Game Table Operations
• Explain rules to the gamers
• Enforce the rules
• Present prizes won by the gamers
• Replace dishes on the table as needed
• There is no need for game operators to handle money
• Help keep the gaming area neat and orderly
• Report any disturbances to the Chairman.
Game Teardown, Sunday
• Will take down the game on Sunday August 21st.
• Will begin take down about 8 AM.
• Last year it took 3 hours to completely take down the game and load the trailer.
• Duties of take down include:
Box up all remaining prizes
Take down the signs and store them
Disassemble the game table
Disassemble the game perimeter
Take down the tarps and fold them neatly
Help load the trailer with all parts and boxes
For more information, or to volunteer to help out in any way, please contact the Dime Pitch Booth chairman Zeke Cappon at 51-331-3360.
Don’t forget to round up any glassware, (especially logoed glasses), or new or “gently used” stuffed animals that we can use in the Dime Pitch Booth at the Farmer’s Picnic in August. If you have anything to donate please contact our new project chairpeople, Zeke & Samantha Cappon at 517-331-3360.
• Deep Thought of the Week: All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seed of today.
• Notable Quote: "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.”-----Coco Chanel
• That’s Puny Department: When life gives you melons---you’re dyslexic.
• Did You Know Section: 'Paddywhack' is the nuchal ligament of sheep and cattle often dried to make a dog treat. (Do you remember---"Nick, Nack, Paddywhack, give a dog a bone"?)
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past
SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.