SPY's Newsletter 6/5/22
SPY’s Community Newsletter #197
News From The New Child Care Center
The new Sunfield childcare center that has taken up residence in the old Sunfield Elementary School is now open for business. The name of the new operation is the “Caterpillar Clubhouse”, and they are currently enrolling children.
The Caterpillar Clubhouse director, Belinda Gulley, announced that on Friday, June 10th, they will be hosting their first Open House. It will run from 6 PM til 9 PM. There will be refreshments served and the children will have a few activities to do and some outside games.
Belinda would also like to request that whoever is driving ATV’s through their playground to please stop because it is causing damage.
· “Honest Roy” & Judy Harris from Mason renewed their Platinum Sponsorship for 2022.
· Mark your calendars---we’ve been told that the Farmer’s Picnic Grand Marshall Ice Cream Social will be held on Thursday, July 7th from 5:30 PM to 7 PM. Keep watching for details.
· Our next Adopt-A-Highway trash pick-up will be Saturday, July 16th.
· Also, don’t forget to round up any glassware or new or “gently used” stuffed animals that we can use in the Dime Pitch Booth at the Farmer’s Picnic in August. If you have anything to donate please contact our project chairperson, Zeke Cappon at 517-331-3360.
• Deep Thought of the Week: Your best teacher is your last mistake.
• Notable Quote: "There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.”
• That’s Puny Department: Someone said, “Nothing rhymes with orange.” I said, “No it doesn’t.”
• Did You Know Section: 1835 was the only time in U.S. history when the country was debt free, when Andrew Jackson paid off what he called “the national curse”. It lasted exactly one year.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.