SPY's Newsletter 6/22/22
SPY’s Community Newsletter #199
Centennial Acres / SPY Shootout Golf Tournament Report #1
Here is the “Parade of Champions” for the various divisions that competed in this year’s Shootout:
Men’s Championship Division
1. Brady McNess Team
2. Mark Woodman Plumbing & Heating Corporate Team
3. A & D Haskin Corporate Team
1. Centennial Acres Corporate Team
Men’s Senior Division
1. Mark & Mary Hanna Platinum Team
2. HSV Redi-Mix Corporate Team
3. John & Sandra Fisher Platinum Team
1. Brace Financial Corporate Team
2. Lynn Bowne Team
3. Bob Stiffler Team
Our Centennial Acres / SPY Shootout Co-Chairmen Derek Desgranges and Steve Grosshans send out a hearty thank-you to the great group of volunteers that helped out and kept things running smoothly at the Shootout. We salute:
And, a HUGE thank-you to John Nagle and Sara, and the rest of the Centennial Acres staff that made it a great event for all!
· The following fine folks renewed their Corporate Sponsorships for 2022-23:
Hazel Brother Drainage
A & D Haskin
· These fine folks renewed their Platinum Sponsorships for 2022-23:
Ron & Marlene McDiarmid
· The following Vegas Hole winners at the Centennial Acres / SPY Shootout donated their winnings back:
· Al Haskin donated back his 50/50 drawing winnings from the Shootout.
· The Centennial Acres women’s Corporate Team donated back their first place winnings.
· The Fisher Platinum senior men’s team donated back their third place winnings.
· John & Sandra Fisher made a donation in memory of Anna Emmons.
We are still seeking volunteers to help with the refurbishing of the “Sunfield Welcomes You” sign along the highway East of town. We are also looking for contributors to help cover the expense of paint and repair material. If you would like to help out some way in this very worthy endeavor, please contact John Fisher at 517-648-0969.
Here are some upcoming events that details on each will be featured in upcoming Newsletters:
· The next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth will be held on Tuesday, July 12th.
· Our next Adopt-A-Highway trash pick-up will take place on Saturday, July 16th.
· We will be covering details concerning Paul Campbell’s Farmer’s Picnic Car (and more) Show that will take place on Saturday, August 20th.
· The next Texas Hold ‘Em we are scheduled to work will start Wednesday, August 31st. thru Saturday, September 3rd.
· There will be a special SPY’s benefit dinner sponsored and being held at the Wagon Wheel Grill in Portland on Tuesday, September, 13th.
• Deep Thought of the Week: Don’t judge the day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
• Notable Quote: "We can not solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”---Albert Einstein
• That’s Puny Department: My ex used to hit me with stringed instruments. If I had only known about her history of violins.
• Did You Know Section: Freaky Science Facts Department---
+ Albert Einstein once used a $1,500 check from the Rockefeller Foundation as a bookmark---and then lost the book.
+ The notebooks that Marie & Pierre Curie used to record their radium experiments are still radioactive.
+ Ever hear of John Tyndall? He’s the Irish scientist who answered the question---“Why is the sky blue?”
+ Italian astronomer Galileo went blind studying the sun through telescopes.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past
SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.