SPY's Newsletter 4/16/23
SPY’s Community Newsletter #255
Adopt-A-Highway Trash Pick-up
Is This Saturday
As we have been reporting in the last couple of Newsletters, the first Adopt-a-Highway trash pick-up of the season will take place this Saturday, April 22nd. Volunteers pick-up trash along M-43 from Round Lake Road on the west side of town to Shaytown Road on the east side of town, three times a year in conjunction with the Michigan Department of Transportation program. ANYONE wishing to participate just show up at the Best Tax Service building on M-43 at
If for any reason you can’t make it for the April 22nd pick-up day, but would still like to help out by doing some picking up on a different day of that week, just give Derek a call at 269- 838-7686 and get some bags and he will give you a small section to take care of.
Grand Marshall Nominations Sought
The 2023 Sunfield Farmers Picnic Committee is gearing up for another fantastic Picnic for you. It will be held the third full weekend of August, 18-20, 2023. The first matter of business this year is to seek nominations for the honor of Grand Marshal and then make the tough decision of choosing just one.
They are requesting your assistance by asking you to place your nominations with the Board for anyone you feel should be given the title of Grand Marshal. Grand Marshal nominations must be in writing and clearly identify the nominee and why this individual/couple or group should be considered. Include the following information: What are their ties to the Sunfield Community, their impact on the community, their outstanding qualities? How long have they been in the area? How have they given to the community (volunteerism)? The Board will make this decision on May 3rd, so please get your nominations in by Thursday, April 27, 2023.
They are looking forward to discovering who you would like to honor, so get your nominations mailed to Sunfield Farmers Picnic, P.O. Box 12, Sunfield, Michigan 48890; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or find us on Facebook at Sunfield Farmers Picnic Inc. Please note that previous year’s nominees will be included in this year’s list of candidates.
Congressman Moolenaar’s Team Coming To Sunfield
Members of our United States Congressman John Moolenaar's team will be coming to Sunfield on Tuesday, April 25th. They will be hosting a meeting starting at 10 AM at the Sunfield Village Hall. So, if you need assistance with a federal agency you can sit down with them and discuss the issue.
Last year, the Congressman’s office helped thousands of constituents who needed assistance with a federal agency, including the VA and the IRS. The office helped constituents cut through red tape and reclaim millions of dollars owed to them by the federal government.
Here’s Something Worth Looking Into
If You Have A Residential Well
• Deep Thought of the Week: Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.
· Notable Quote: “We live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin to see the present only when it is already disappearing.”
· That’s Puny Department: Here’s one for y’all to think about--- Why should the number 288 never be mentioned? Give up? Because it’s two gross!
· Did You Know Section: You have heard the phrase “buying the farm” no doubt. It is synonymous with dying. But, did you ever wonder how the phrase originated and took on that meaning? Well now Bunkie, here’s the scoop---During WW I, soldiers were given life insurance policies worth $5,000. This was about the price of an average farm at the time. So, if you died, you “bought the farm” for your survivors.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---
scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Community Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.