SPY's Newsletter 3/23/2023
PY’s Community Newsletter
SPY’s Welcome A New Corporate Sponsor
The Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) are pleased to announce and welcome the latest member to our Corporate Sponsorship Program. They are the fine folks at Downing Well Drilling of Portland.
We appreciate Downing Well Drilling and thank them for supporting the SPY’s in our mission to help kids and the community!
Here’s A Rewarding Volunteer Opportunity
The Sunfield Community Foundation is seeking volunteers to be on this year’s Scholarship Application Review Committee. If you are interested in serving, or would like further information as to what’s involved, please call John Fisher at 517-648-0969.
Help Us Solve A Mystery
At the SPY’s Annual Wild Game Dinner / Sportsman’s Night held recently we had two of the major prize winners escape us that night without getting their names. We have had a posse checking around to see if anyone might know who they are. Regrettably, no luck. So, we are turning to the community at large to see if we can track down their names.
If you recognize either the gentleman resting comfortably in the chair, or the one standing next to the mega-grill, please either call 517-648-0969, or send a return email to this Newsletter. Thank you!
Are you looking for an opportunity to recycle more plastic on your farm? Look no further! The Sunfield Recycling Center offers a program that can recycle your agricultural film plastic. Here is what agricultural film plastic can be recycled:
Clear Pallet Stretch Wrap
The cost to recycle your plastic is $0.08 per pound.
Make sure your plastic is relatively free of debris and dry. It does not have to be perfectly clean/dry but the less water, silage, rocks, etc. in your plastic, the less it costs to recycle.
Bring your plastic in to the Sunfield Recycling Center at 126 1st St, Sunfield,
• Deep Thought of the Week: The 5 by 5 Rule: If it’s not gonna matter in 5 years, don’t spend more than 5 minutes being upset by it.
· Notable Quote: “I have never let my schooling interfere
with my education.”---Mark Twain
· That’s Puny Department: Those who confuse burro and burrow don’t know their ass from a hole in the ground.
· Did You Know Section: During the 1920’s a class president candidate at Harvard swallowed a live goldfish in a bid to win more votes. The stunt created a trend of goldfish swallowing which became so popular that eventually the Massachusetts state legislature had to create a bill banning it.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---
scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Community Newsletters, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.