SPY's Newsletter 2/10/23
SPY’s Community Newsletter #243
With the Wild Game Dinner / Sportsmen’s Night extravaganza that Pete Weller and the SPY’s put on, there are literally a multitude of people who made donations or helped in a whole variety of ways to thank for making the night a success. In this Community Newsletter we would like to start with the helper brigade. Our sincere thank-you for your time and effort goes out to the following:
Jim & Angie Frizzell---Door Prize Operations,
Set-Up & Tear Down & More
Eric Brummett---Event Prep
Craig Mulholland---Set-Up & Tear Down
Paul Campbell---Set-Up & Tear Down & More
John & Sandra Fisher---Set-Up & Tear Down & More
Kaleb Klotz---Set-Up & Tear Down & More
Kaccy Klotz---Set-Up & Tear Down
Hayden Klotz---Set-Up & Tear Down & More
Shayanne Bebee---Photographer Assistant
Aaron & Nikki Hedger---Gator Cooks
Zeke Cappon---Set-Up & Tear Down & Food Runner
Steve Grosshans---High Roller Tickets & Set-Up & Tear Down
Oren Best---Exotic Cuisine Procurer
The Fish Chefs:
Jeff & Betsy Gibbs
The Centennial Acres Kitchen & Bar Crew:
John Nagel, General Manager
Again, THANK YOU one and all. And, in case we missed someone, (which is entirely possible with so many people involved), please let us know and we will take corrective action.
Free Hospital Bed
In December, a local resident passed away. As a result, the family has a hospital bed they would like to donate to someone that could use it. If there is anyone out there that would like the hospital bed, please call 517-648-0969, and we will make it happen.
· Oren & Rosie Best and Best Tax Service made donations in memory of the following:
· Sharon Davis made a contribution in memory of Lynda Russman.
· Mark Woodman Plumbing & Heating made a donation in memory of Charles Bumgardner.
· Diane Updyke also made a donation in memory of Charles Bumgardmer.
· A BIG Sunfield Area SPY’s salute goes out to Mark Woodman Plumbing & Heating for renewing their participation in our Corporate Sponsor Program. Thank you Mark & Shari Woodman for your continued support for our youth and community programs!
Next SPY Meeting
The next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (SPY’s) will be held on this coming Tuesday, February 14th. starting at 6:30 PM, at the Best Tax Service building. Guests are always welcome!
• Deep Thought of the Week: When care is pressing you down a bit, rest if you must, but don’t you quit!
· Notable Quote: “Sometimes it is the quiet observer who sees the most."-----Kathryn L. Nelson
• That’s Puny Department: Have you heard the latest? It seems that Apple has come out with a new I-Phone for dogs. It has all the features---even collar ID.
• Did You Know Section: A Person Who Became A Word: Etienne De Silhouette (1709 – 1767). In an attempt to restore the postwar French economy, Controller General Silhouette instituted a wave of new taxes---most of which burdened the rich. After eight months, he was forced to resign amid a deteriorating economy. His name soon became associated with cheap and “empty” commodities, such as pocketless trousers and shadow portraits (silhouettes). Drawing silhouettes became the rage in 1759.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Community Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.