SPY's Newsletter 2/1/22
SPY’s Community Newsletter #176
Thank You SPY Event Leaders!
The Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) send out a BIG thank you to of our various project and event leaders for their willingness to step forward to help us help kids and the community by taking on these various tasks.
In case you ever need more information on something that is going on, or would like to volunteer to help out on any activity or event, just give them a call. We welcome all the support we can get!
· Wild Game Dinner / Sportsmen’s Night---Pete Weller 517-743-1642
· Texas Hold ‘Em’s---Jeff Gibbs 517-930-6989
· Dime Pitch Booth---Wayne Simmons 616-550-2876
· Centennial Acres / SPY Shootout Golf Tournament---
Steve Grosshans 269-838-6459 and
Derek Desgranges 269-838-7686
· Community Celebration Calendar---Rosie Best---517-331-0836
· Adopt-A-Highway---Derek Desgranges 269-838-7686
· Euchre Tournament---Casey & Beth Shettler 517-231-2192
· Christmas Basket Distribution---John Fisher 517-648-0969
· Scholarship Review Committee---Betsy Gibbs 517-736-4474
· Softball Tournament---Craig Cappon 517-331-4005
Centennial Acres Golf & Banquet Center Opportunities
One of our Corporate Sponsors, Centennial Acres Golf & Banquet Center, is gearing up for the 2022 season and has numerous job openings to fill.
They are specifically looking workers in the following areas:
· General laborers for the Maintenance Dept.
· Golf Shop---Starters---Cart care for the Golf Department.
· Cooking and food prep in the food & beverage department.
Call 517-566-8055, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Next SPY Meeting
The next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (SPY’s) will be held this coming Tuesday, February 8th. starting at 6:30 PM, at the Best Tax Service building. Please note the location change! Guests are always welcom
· Jeff Gibbs is exploring starting up a SPY’s Bowling Tournament fundraiser if there is enough interest. Give Jeff a call at 517-930-6989 and let him know if you would be interested in participating.
· For 36 years the SPY’s have held a Euchre Tournament in March. Many years ago it was dubbed “The Showdown On Main Street”. By due to COVID we had to cancel the tournaments in 2020 and 2021. We are looking to start it up again in 2022, if there is enough interest. What do you think? If you would be interested in playing just reply to this email and we will see if we can pull one off this year. Let us hear from you on this as well as the Bowling Tournament.
Please note that these events are open to ANYONE interested in participating and not just SPY members.
• Deep Thought of the Week: To remember who you are, you need to forget what they told you to be.
• Notable Quote: "Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”---Albert Einstein
• That’s Puny Department: Three guys are in a boat with four cigarettes but no lighter or matches or anything to light them with. What do they do? (Look for the answer below).
· Did You Know Section: In the 1650s Anthony Johnson, an African man, won a court case that let him keep another African, John Casor, as his slave instead of ending his indentured servitude. This meant that the first legally recognized owner of a permanent slave in America was an African man.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---
scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at
email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.
ANSWER: Throw one cigarette overboard and the whole boat becomes a cigarette lighter.