SPY's Newsletter 12/21/22
SPY’s Community Newsletter #233
SPY's Annual Meeting On The Horizon
The Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (SPY's) will be holding their "Annual Meeting of the Membership" on Saturday, January 7, 2023. This year it will be take place at the Sunfield Community Rooms located on Main Street in Sunfield
This will be a dinner meeting starting at 6PM. Here is the menu that will be catered by Rob Piercefield and Sweed’s Grill:
Roast Beef and Baked Chicken entrees
Garlic Mashed Potatoes w/ gravy
Coffee / Punch
All table service provided
The purpose of the Annual Meeting is to bring the membership up to date on all of our activities in the community; give the membership a full financial report, so you can see what our combined efforts have produced; hold the election of officers and conduct the transition of leadership; as well as provide an opportunity to get to know other SPY members and guests better, especially our newest members.
Members please note, that if you are planning on attending you must please let us know as soon as possible by calling our Membership Director John Fisher at 517-648-0969, or simply reply to this Newsletter email. We need to know how many people to plan for. Please do it now!
· We have just found out that the bank had misplaced a couple of deposit slips from people that had made memorial contributions to the SPY’s Scholarship Fund. One was from a year ago and the other was from October.
We wish to belatedly acknowledge these donations that were from Phil & Peggy Heinze in memory of the following:
Thank you for your thoughtfulness and consideration!
Lately we have had some inquiries regarding how someone can make a contribution to the SPY’s, especially memorial contributions to the Scholarship or Youth Activities Trust Funds. Here are some ways to accomplish that:
· Mail your contribution to:
2543 Eaton Highway
Sunfield, MI 48890
· Stop by the Mulliken branch of Union Bank. Tell the teller you want to make a contribution to the SPY’s. They have a special form that they will fill out to capture all of the information and pass it along to us.
· Go to the SPY’s website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com. At the top of the page click on the “Make A Donation” tab. You will be able to make a donation this way using your Pay Pal account
• Deep Thought of the Week: Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
• Notable Quote: “The older I get, the more clearly I remember things that never happened.” - Mark Twain
• That’s Puny Department: Bread is a lot like the sun. It rises in the yeast and set in the waist.
• Did You Know Section: Back in 1922, surveyor J.G. Tierny became the first person to die during the building of the Hoover Dam. In a bizarre coincidence, the last person to die during construction was Patrick Tierny, J.G.’s son, 13 years to the day after his father. A total of 96 people died overall during the Hover Dam construction.