SPY's Newsletter 10/18/2022
Friends of the Sunfield District library will be holding their annual Christmas raffle on December 10th. this year. If you would like to donate an item for the raffle, they would certainly appreciate it. All donations need to be in by October 29th. Tickets will be available at the library starting November 1st. Money from the raffle goes to help fund the summer reading program and other extra events such as Ming the Magician, who appears at the Farmer’s Picnic.
• Deep Thought of the Week: Warmth, kindness, and friendship are the most yearned for commodities in the world. The person who can provide them will never be lonely.
• Notable Quote: Sympathy sees and says, “I’m sorry.” Compassion sees and says, “I’ll help.”
• That’s Puny Department: Life is a gamble,” a Mother Cabbage told her offspring, Brussels Sprout. “You have to weather storms and drought. You have to fend off animals, bugs, mold, and rot. But if you hang in there, you’ll grow.” “I’ll try,” said the little Sprout. “But how long does this take? "When should I stop growing?” “As with any other gamble,” said Mother Cabbage, “Quit when you’re a head.”
Did You Know Section: Probably no one ever looked less like a fine athlete than short, squat Yogi Berra when he first showed up at Yankee Stadium in 1947. Bench jockeys around the league jeered at his face---his gait---and his malapropisms. His throwing was wild. Once, firing to second base, he hit the pitcher in the chest. Another time he beaned the second-base umpire, who was standing ten feet from the bag. But Yogi worked endlessly to overcome his shortcomings as a catcher, spent extra hours in the batting cage, studied rival hitters until he knew their every weakness. The result---Yogi played on 14 pennant-winning teams---hit 358 homers---was voted the league’s Most Valuable Player three times---and set 18 World Series records.
Here are some of Yogi’s most famous quotes:
"It ain't over till it's over"
"You can observe a lot by just watching."
"It's like déjà vu all over again."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."
"It gets late early out there."
“Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours.”
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."
"If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else."
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past
SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.