SPY’s Community Newsletter #159
SPY’s Name Their Rookie-Of-The-Year
Pictured (right) is Mandy Peabody presenting the SPY’s Rookie-Of-The-Year Award to Wayne Simmons.
The SPY’s Rookie-Of-The-Year award is bestowed on the member of the organization that has been the most active in their first full year as a SPY. By tradition, the last person named as the SPY's Rookie-Of-The-Year, (in this case Mandy), has the honor of bestowing the award the following year.
Wayne has not only participated in a variety of SPY projects, but most significantly, he stepped forward and volunteered when we were searching for someone to take over heading up our Dime Pitch Booth activity. He took that responsibility on with gusto and totally reengineered the Dime Pitch and instituted many innovations.
And, to top it off, he has also become a SPY’s multiple Platinum Sponsor.
Men’s Softball Tournament Report
This year marked the 50th anniversary of the SPY’s Charities Softball Tournament. Here is the final order of finish of the eight teams competing:
1. Fast Eddie’s
2. Just 4 Fun
3. Young Savages
4. Prestige Worldwide
5. Best Tax Service
6. Essential Ballers
7. Dirty Diamonds
8. Phantom Plumbing
Pictured is the Fast Eddie’s championship team:
Back row: Dakota Harmer, Mike Daugherty, Randy Hines, Alex Arrington, Dom Smith, Hunter Kemp, Darren Bosworth, Vance O'Mara, Eric O'Mara, Eddie Salazar
Middle Row: Brandon Tingley, Jaxson Boucher, Nate Boucher, Kory Brodbeck, Tyler Stanton, Ian Pierce, David Arizola, Ivan Pierce
Front row: Daniel Salazar, Veda Salazar, Kyle Brodbeck holding Alivia Brodbeck, Shane Arizola, Kroy O'Mara, Frankie O'Mara, Dylan Kemp
Pictured (right) is Craig Cappon, SPY’s Charities Softball Tournament Director congratulating this year’s tournament Most-Valuable-Player, Hunter Kemp of the Fast Eddie’s championship team.
Tournament Director Cappon would also like to send out a special acknowledgement to the following volunteer scorekeepers who braved the high temperatures and humidity to keep score during the tournament games. Thank You!
• Deep Thought of the Week: Some people think that to be strong is to never feel pain. In reality, the strongest people are the ones who feel it---understand it---and accept it.
• Notable Quote: “There are two ways of exerting one’s strength---one is pushing down---the other is pulling up.---Booker T. Washington
• That’s Puny Department: I got a new pair of gloves today, but they're both 'lefts' which, on the one hand, is great, but on the other, it's just not right.
• Did You Know Section? The arteries in the heart of a blue whale is large enough for an average human being to pass through
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the