SPY's Newsletter 9/19/2021
SPY’s Community Newsletter #161
After about a two-year COVID induced layoff, we have finally been able to get back on the schedule for doing a couple of Texas Hold ‘Em fund raisers. These events are a major source of income for us and provides funding for any number of the youth and community projects we support. Soon, we will be rounding up some helpers to work at a Hold ‘Em. Here are a couple of dates to put on your calendar and hopefully set aside so you might lend a hand.
Wednesday, November 3rd thru Saturday, November 6th
Wednesday, December 1st thru Saturday, December 4th
SPY’s Salute The
Lakewood Wrestling Club
The Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) wish to acknowledge and thank the terrific people in the Lakewood Wrestling Club. You may not know this, but the Wrestling Club ran the concession stand, (formerly known as the Lions Den), at the park during the Farmer’s Picnic.
If you recall, we had some pretty warm days during the Picnic. The Wrestling Club took pity on the umpires that were toiling in the heat during the softball tournaments and provided them with food and refreshments at no charge! What a generous gesture!
Thank you Lakewood Wrestling Club!
· AmazonSmile Foundation as a result of AmazonSmile program activity between April 1 and June 30, 2021.
· Oren & Rosie Best made donations In Memory of the following:
Elwin "Dutch" Raffler
Marshall "Moose" Meyers
· John & Sandra Fisher made contributions in memory of Elwin “Dutch” Raffler; Shirley Mast; and Pat Peabody.
• Deep Thought of the Week: Why doesn’t someone invent a clear toaster so you can see how toasted your toast is while it’s toasting?
• Notable Quote: “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”---Dalai Lama
• That’s Puny Department: Why does the Norwegian navy have barcodes on their ships? So when they come back to port they can Scandinavian.
• Did You Know Section: The NFL is considered a not-for-profit organization and does not pay any taxes. And speaking of non- profit situations, the Green Bay Packers are the only non-profit, community-owned NFL team. The owners are its 112,000 fans.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.