SPY's Newsletter 8/25/20
SPY’s Newsletter #97
Sunfield Fire Department Auxiliary
Golf Scramble Coming Soon
(Flyer with details is attached below)
Please mark your calendars! The final Adopt-A-Highway trash pick-up of the season will take place on Saturday, September 26th. The SPY's pick-up trash along M-43 from Round Lake Road on the west side of town to Shaytown Road on the east side of town, three times a year in conjunction with the Michigan Department of Transportation program. Anyone interested in lending a hand, just show up at 9 AM in the Best Tax Service parking lot just West of the Sunfield blinker light. If you need more information please call our project chairman Derek Desgranges at 269-838-7686.
Derek says if for any reason you can’t make it on the 26th, but would still like to help out by doing some picking up on a different day, just give him a call and get some bags and he will give you a small section to take care of.
We just received a check from the AmazonSmile Foundation as a result of people ordering “stuff” through Amazon between April 1 and June 30, and going to the AmazonSmile option and designating the Sunfield Area SPY’s to receive a percentage of their purchase. This does not cost anything to the Amazon customer, but results in a benefit to the SPY’s and thus the community.
If anyone out there buys things through Amazon we would encourage you to please check this out.
· Something To Ponder: People are making apocalypse jokes like there’s no tomorrow.
· Thoughts On Aging: I’m so old that-----
* I have dialed a rotary phone (that didn’t have an answering machine).
* Recorded a song that I love off a transistor radio onto a tape recorder.
*Watched a black and white TV (with less than 10 channels) that had foil on the rabbit ear antennas).
* Taken a long walk without counting the steps.
* Eaten food that I didn’t take pictures of to post.
· If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
Can we help you---your organization---your business? Simply email your item to john.sandrafisher@gmail .com.
· If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s---events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
· NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address, and I will add them to the distribution. It’s as easy as that!