SPY's Newsletter 8/18/20
Due to the Lakewood High School choosing to cancel the Seniors Awards Night this year. The SPY’s Community Foundation had to come up with an alternate way to make their annual scholarship and award presentations. So, at a special program last Friday during the Farmer’s Picnic, they were finally given out.
Pictured above (L to R) (Please pardon the masks) is Hailey Mitchell, who is the daughter of Katrina & Justin Foster and lives on Third Street. She received a $3,000 scholarship, and will be attending LCC where she will study graphic communication. In the middle is Avery Strimbeck, who is the daughter of Renee Strimbeck and Ryan & Alicia Strimbeck and lives on First Street. She received a $5,000 scholarship, and will be attending Davenport College where she will be taking up accounting. Next, is Hanna Davis, who is the daughter of Brandon & Yvette Davis and lives north of town on Sunfield Highway. She received a $6,500 scholarship, and will be attending Grand Valley, but is yet undecided on her course of study.
All three of these young women are to be congratulated for all of their hard work and success throughout their High School years!
This marks the 34th year that the scholarship have been awarded to a total of 191 graduating seniors.
Dime Pitch Booth Thank-You
Wayne Simmons, chairman of the SPY Dime Pitch Booth at the Farmer’s Picnic would like to send out a tremendous thank you for the helpers that stepped-up, in light of the Covid mess, to pitch in on this important SPY fund-raiser.
Booth Set-Up Helpers:
Game Operation Helpers:
John & Sandy Fisher
(Regrettably Wayne had to shut the booth down early on Saturday night due to lack of help. That disappointed a lot of kids).
Booth Take Down Helpers:
John & Sandy Fisher
Wayne did a tremendous job in doing a complete make-over of the Dime Pitch Booth apparatus. His innovations were really something!
A BIG Sunfield Area SPY salute goes out to the employees of HSV Redi-Mix for their recent significant donation! We are humbled by your generosity. Thank you for your support!
Did You Catch It?
For the past few weeks we have been putting out the Tuesday through Friday dinner menu being offered at Centennial Acres in a separate email. Did you happen to catch the special deal at the bottom of this week’s menu?
· Something To Ponder: When you forgive you heal. When you let go you grow.
· Chef Robbo’s Quote-Of-The-Week: “Of course I’m an organ donor. Who wouldn’t want a piece of this?!”
· If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
Can we help you---your organization---your business? Simply email your item to john.sandrafisher@gmail .com.
· If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s---events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
· NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address, and I will add them to the distribution. It’s as easy as that!