SPY’s Community Newsletter
Tent Set-Up Helpers Needed
The SPY’s are looking for a crew of helpers to set-up the big tent that will be the headquarters for the Dime Pitch Booth activity during the Farmer’s Picnic. The tent is scheduled to go up on Thursday, August 17th at the Park. Volunteers will be needed starting at 6 PM. For more information, please contact Zeke Cappon at 517-331-3360.
Then, on Friday, August 18th, we need some helpers to assist in actually setting-up the glassware in the booth. Volunteers are needed starting at 8 AM. This will be a very light, easy task.
The Sunfield SPY’s 2023 – 2024 Celebration Calendars are in and will once again be available at the Farmer’s Picnic. Look up our Calendar Project Chairman Rosie Best and pick up a copy. She will be situated in the middle of the park under her tent.
The SPY’s and the Community Foundation will be making their annual Scholarship Award presentations during the Farmer’s Picnic on Friday, August 18th, at 6:30 PM, under the big tent at the park. Please plan on attending and help us recognize some outstanding local students
· We had some glassware donations come in for the Dime Pitch Booth activity from the following fine folks:
· An extra special acknowledgement goes out to Louann Harag for her super donation to the Dime Pitch Booth activity!
Thank you all! We really appreciate your help!
Centennial Acres Is Hiring
Heads-Up! This Is Hot Off The Press!
The legendary Art Meade is again sponsoring what he is calling “The Annual Remember When 50’s and 60’s Sock Hop”. This year it will be held on Saturday, October 7th, at the “Ever After” facility in Hastings, which is located by the bowling alley on North Michigan.
He has again booked the absolutely fabulous “Misty Blues Party Band” out of Detroit. They are great! It’s a 7-piece band, with a horn section and 2 female singers.
There will be snacks and soft drinks provided. A cash bar will be available
Last year the dance was held at the Hugue House by Lake Odessa. But, it had a limited capacity, so tickets were restricted to 100 people and it sold out quickly. The “Ever After” facility is larger and will easily be able to accommodate the demand.
Again, all tickets are by advance sale only. There will be no tickets sold at the door. Tickets will be available soon, so keep watching your Newsletters.
For now, if you need any further information contact either Art Meade. 269-331-0661, or John Fisher 517-648-0969.
This Week’s Centennial Acres Dinner Specials
Looking a bit down the road, the SPY’s are looking for donations of empty Styrofoam egg cartons for use in conjunction with next year’s Dime Pitch Booth activity. So, please start saving them for us if you would. If / when you have some to pass along please contact John Fisher 517-648-0969. Thank you!
· Deep Thought-Of-The-Week: Dear God, if today I lose hope please remind me that your plans are better than my dreams.
· Notable Quote: "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government, lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."---Patrick Henry (1736-1799)
· That’s Puny Department: Man, eBay is so useless! I tried to look up lighters and all they had was 13,749 matches.
· Did You Know Section: Didjaknow that license plates came before cars? They were used on horse-drawn carriages in 1884.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past
SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.