SPY's Newsletter 8/1/2021
SPY’s Newsletter #148
SUNFIELD FARMERS PICNIC NEWS
We are pleased to announce that this year’s Open Class Craft event sponsored by the Sunfield Programs for Youth (The SPY’s) will be held on Saturday, August 21st with the judging starting promptly at 10 a.m. under the small tent in the Floyd Van Buren Park. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to show off that homemade item and the possibility to receive a cash prize and ribbon. Do you can your own pickles or make applesauce each year---how about a lovely flower arrangement with flowers from your garden? Are your vegetables in your garden extra special this year? Taken a picture that is special to you? These are all items that are welcome for this event. Do you do a craft that you would like to share? How about all those quilters out there? Sunfield and its surrounding area has many talented people and this event is an opportunity for you to show your talent off to the rest of the community. The categories include Art, Baked Goods, Baskets, Canned Goods, Carving, Ceramic, Crafts, Flowers, Silk Flower Arrangements, Garden Produce, Glass Etching, Kids Crafts (up to age 11), Needlework, Knitting, Crocheting, Latch Hook/Cross Stitch, Leatherwork, Painting, Paper Craft, Photography: Animals, Nature, People, Other, Quilts, Sewing, Woodworking and even Craft Vendors can enter their items.
As always, there are a few rules, such as the work must be your own, not from a kit. Baked goods must be made without commercial mixes. Each entry is judged on its own merit and each category may have a “Best of Show” ribbon awarded at the judge’s discretion. An official entry form is attached below. For additional forms, they will be at the Sunfield District Library---Marko’s Marathon in Sunfield--- Union Banks in Mulliken and Lake Odessa starting August 2nd. For additional information, you can contact the event’s chairperson, DeAnna Clark, at 517-231-2527.
Entry Form & Schedule of Other Events
Are Attached Below
• Deep Thought of the Week: Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.
• Notable Quote: “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life---it goes on.”---Robert Frost
• That’s Puny Department: I was going to make myself a belt made out of watches, but then I realized it would be a waist of time.
• Did You Know Section? As an experiment at one Olympics only, the 1912 Stockholm Games, shot putters, and discus and javelin throwers made one throw with the left hand, one with the right, and the greatest aggregate total won.
If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
· If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
• NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at
firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.