SPY's Newsletter 7/12/23
SPY’s Community Newsletter
U-Pick Blueberry Farm is located at 10270 Kelly Highway, (Which is South of Sunfield and North of Vermontville), is open for business. They have Blueray, Bluecrop and Jersey berries.
· Their hours are Saturday 9 AM to 8 PM.
· 2023 prices: U-pick $6 per quart----We-pick $9 per quart
· Questions? Contact Carrie at 517-388-0828
· Taste test as you go!
Looking For A Couple Of Helpers
On Monday, July 31st, the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) will be hosting an activity day in conjunction with the Sunfield District Library’s “Summer Reading Program”. The activity we are putting on is all set, all we just need is some helpers to facilitate the program. The activity starts at 10 AM and will run approximately 45 minutes. If you would like to have some fun with the kids and help out, please let John Fisher know (517-648-0969). You do not need to be an adult to volunteer. Older kids are welcome to help out too.
The following fine folks made contributions in memory of George Thorp:
+ Mark Woodman Plumbing & Heating
+ Bryan & Sue Spitzley
+ SF Grain
A donation was received from Keith Stanton & “Seam”
Sharon Davis donated to the SPY's Scholarship and Youth Activities Trust Funds.
Thank you all for your thoughtfulness and caring!
Glassware Donations Sought
Clean out the cupboards and round up any glassware, (especially logoed glasses) that we can use in the Dime Pitch Booth at the Farmer’s Picnic in August. If you have anything to donate please contact our project chairpeople, Zeke & Samantha Cappon at 517-331-3360.
· Deep Thought-Of-The-Week: There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person solves a problem.
· Notable Quote: “It’s hard to be nostalgic when you can’t remember anything.”
· That’s Puny Department: Did you hear about the Mexican magician was doing a magic trick. He said, Uno, Dose, and he disappeared without a trace.
· Did You Know Section: Did you know that the first toilet ever seen on television was on “Leave It To Beaver”?
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---
scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past
SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.