SPY’s Newsletter #138
“Recycling Fever” Event Is Looking For Volunteers
The Eaton County Department of Resource Recovery is currently in need of 8 volunteers for their “Recycling Fever” event to be held in Charlotte THIS SATURDAY June 19, 2021 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (half-day shifts are also available).
Volunteering with the Eaton County Department of Resource Recovery is not only a fun time, but volunteers also receive free refreshments and free disposal of ALL items accepted at the event regardless of residency.
1. You can register online on their website:
2. You can call their office at (517) 543-3686
2021 Library Summer Reading Program Coming
Lisa Bell, Director of the Sunfield District Library passed on the news that their 2021 Summer Reading Program will be held July 5th thru August 7th.
The summer reading program is open to children from Preschool (3 – 5 years) thru 12th grade. They invite kids to come join them for Monday morning events---the guess jar---prizes---and free books.
Registration is now open. For further information please contact the
Sunfield District Library. Their phone number is 517-566-8065.
Their hours are Tuesday - Friday, 2pm to 8pm; Saturdays 9am to 1pm .
There is a Memorial planned to celebrate the life of a great lady, “Dancing Della” Meade. It will be held on Saturday, July 10th in the Woodland Park. Food and drinks will be provided from 3pm-7pm---and then games in the park until dark. Let's fill the park with music and laughter. We all know Della would love that.
· Mike Elsie donated his golf tournament winnings to the SPY’s.
· Jim Peabody made a donation to the Dime Pitch Booth.
· John & Sandra Fisher also made a donation to the Dime Pitch Booth.
· John & Sandra Fisher made a donation to the Scholarship Fund in memory of Jan Mac Namara.
A senior citizen that lives on Sunfield Road, just South of the blinker light in Sunfield is looking for someone to do yard work. His name is Dave Loszewski. He’s a real nice guy. If interested, give him a call at 517-242-8711.
Next Adopt-A-Highway Pick-Up Coming Soon
The next Adopt-A-Highway trash pick-up of the season will take place on Saturday, July 17th. Everyone interested in spiffing up a bit of our community is encouraged to participate.
We will meet at 9 AM in the Best Tax Service parking lot just West of the Sunfield blinker light. If you need more information please call our project chairman Derek Desgranges at 269-838-7686.
• Deep Thought of the Week: Focus on what you want, but never forget to be grateful for what you already have.
• Notable Quote: “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”---Albert Einstein
• That’s Puny Department: What do you call a bee that can’t make up its mind? A maybe...
• Did You Know Section? In 2007, Scotland spent six months of research and $162,972 to create a new slogan that would boost tourism. They came up with---“Welcome To Scotland”.
If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.