SPY's Newsletter 5/20/23
SPY’s Community Newsletter
Memorial Day Service Planned
Caterpillar Clubhouse News
The Caterpillar Clubhouse is the child daycare center located in the old Sunfield Elementary School building. They are looking fro three (3) Teacher Assistants. Here are some specifics:
They are looking for the following:
An “Opener” from 5:30 am to 10:30 am
An Infant teacher from 6:30 am to 2:30pm
A Floater from 10 am to 6 pm
Without any early childhood education pay starts at $10.10 an hour. With some early childhood education, and depending on experience the pay increases. Candidates must pass a federal security clearance and be willing to take classes.
If interested please call 518-331-9401 and ask for Belinda.
Tony & Carol Santini made a contribution in memory of Kate Mapes.
"The Taylor's" also made a donation in memory of Kate Mapes.
John Fisher and Isabella Ieremias made a large glassware contribution to the SPY’s Dime Pitch Booth activity.
David Taylor renewed his SPY's Platinum Sponsorship for 2023.
Coming up on Sunday, June 11th, will be the 33rd. annual Centennial Acres / SPY Shoot-Out golf tournament. Our event chairmen Derek Desgranges and Steve Grosshans are still looking for some intrepid hackers and whackers to fill out the outing roster. Give either Derek (269-838-7686) or Steve (269-838-6459) a call for further information---or to volunteer to help out---or to sign-up your team. This is a fun event and a major fund-raiser that helps us with our various youth and community programs!
The next Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Tournament we are scheduled to work will take place Wednesday, June 21st. thru Saturday, June 24th. Stay tuned for details. We will soon be signing up volunteers to sell chips to the players.
• Deep Thought of the Week: The young may know the rules, but the elderly know the exceptions.
· Notable Quote: "He that is discontented in one place will seldom be happy in another."-----Aesop
· That’s Puny Department: There was once this second-rate orchestra led by a second-rate director. In the orchestra was this guy on the cymbals who never banged them at the right time. So the conductor said, "If you don't get it right this time I'll kill you." When the time came for the percussionist to get it right, he didn't. And so the director pulled out a gun and shot him dead. Of course, the police came and arrested him and eventually the conductor ended up on death row. The day came when he was sent to the electric chair. As the crowd watched, the executioner flipped the switch ... but nothing happened. Everyone wondered what when wrong. But the director knew. Saddened by all that had taken place, he said, "Alas, I never was a very good ... conductor!"
· Did You Know Section: Graphene is the world’s strongest material, is a million times thinner than paper but 100 times stronger than steel.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---
scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past
SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these
SPY’s Community Newsletters, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.