SPY's Newsletter 3/19/21
SPY’s Newsletter #124
Every year the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) hold an Annual Meeting of the Membership. This is usually held in January. Historically, a portion of that meeting has been devoted to recognizing people in the organization and the community for their outstanding contributions or service in the past year.
This year, due to the COVID mess, the SPY’s were forced to cancel their annual meeting, so that opportunity was missed. At our March regular meeting we discussed what a shame it would be let over a year go by without recognizing some important, meaningful community contributions in 2020. Therefore, we came up with the thought of having a special event that could be held in conjunction with the Farmer’s Picnic where we could acknowledge some special people rather that wait until January 2022.
With that thought in mind, we are seeking nominations from the membership and community for the name(s) of deserving people to be recognized for their service, dedication, contributions, exceptional support for a project or program, innovation, etc. in 2020. You get the picture? If you have someone(s) that you feel should be formally saluted, please let us know by April 1st.
Since you have received this Newsletter via email, all you have to do is hit “reply” and send us their name and tell us a little bit about why they are deserving. If you have any questions or require further information, please call John Fisher at 517-648-0969.
Benefit Spaghetti Dinner Is Next Saturday
Next Saturday, March 27th, the “Yellow Hearts for Veterans” program will be holding a benefit spaghetti dinner at the Sunfield Community Rooms from 4 PM to 8 PM. Take-out will be available. Contact Sara Knight at 269-876-6489 for further information.
· John & Sandra Fisher made donations to the Scholarship Fund in memory of Robert Piercefield and “Bill” Desgranges.
· David Fisher contributed in memory of Terry Jordan.
• Deep Thought of the Week: Common Sense is like deodorant. The people who need it most never use it.
• Notable Quote: “Shoutout to everyone who can still remember their childhood phone number but can’t remember the password they created yesterday. You are my people!”
• That’s Puny Department: Water is heavier than butane, because butane is a lighter fluid.
• Did You Know Section? Putting dry tea bags in gym bags or smelly shoes will absorb the unpleasant odor.
• If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s--
events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information--
scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---
past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website
• NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive
these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at
email@example.com with their email address,
and I will add them to the distribution. It’s as easy as that!