SPY's Newsletter 2/6/21
SPY’s Newsletter #119
Reminders & Such
· The February SPY meeting scheduled for Tuesday the 9th. has been canceled.
· Mapes Furniture is having their 129th Anniversary Sale for the entire month of February. Great deals, and interest free financing. Check it out!
· The deadline for the SPY’s Community Foundation scholarship applications to be submitted is Monday, March 15th. Applications for either Scholarship / Award Program offered are available on-line at the SPY’s website, www.sunfieldareaspys.com., or through the Lakewood Guidance Department website.
· Daylight Savings Time kicks in on Sunday March 7th. Don’t forget to Spring Ahead!
· It’s pasty time. You’ll think you’re up in the UP when you smell one of Deb’s delicious homemade pasties. They are now available at Centennial Acres Golf Course & Banquet Center. Just give Deb a call at 517-927-1159, and lay in a supply. The price is just $6 each, or 6 for $30. Mmmmmmm, they’re yummy!
· On Saturday, March 6th, the Welch Historical Museum is planning to hold their annual Dar Benjamin Memorial Chili Cook-off. For more information, please contact Geniese Davis at 517-930-7153.
· Also, you may want to mark your calendars for the Village’s “Spring Fest of Fun”. It is being targeted for Saturday, May 15th. Stay tuned for further details.
· I see that the old Sunfield Elementary School building is up for sale again. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for that property.
· The Sunfield Recycling center is back open at their old regular hours:
Wednesday 2 PM – 6 PM
Saturday 10 AM – 2 PM
As I understand it, non-township residents no longer have to pay a fee for utilizing the facility.
· Please keep in mind that the SPY’s are always in need of donations of stuffed animals of any type and size, as well as small to medium sized glassware for our Dime Pitch Booth fundraiser that we hold during the Farmer’s Picnic. Stuffed animals can be new or slightly used, but clean.
Any donation can be made by either calling our Booth chairman Wayne Simmons at 616-550-2876, or by dropping off donations at John & Sandy’s Fisher’s place.
· Speaking of donations, again we have had inquiries regarding how someone can make a contribution to the SPY’s, especially memorial contributions to the Scholarship or Youth Activities Trust Funds. Here are some ways to accomplish that:
1. Mail your contribution to:
2543 Eaton Highway
Sunfield, MI 48890
2. Stop by the Mulliken branch of Union Bank. Even though the lobby is presently closed, go through the drive-thru and tell the teller you want to make a contribution to the SPY’s. They have a special form that they will fill out to capture all of the information and pass it along to us.
3. Go to the SPY’s website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com. At the top of the page click on the “Make A Donation” tab. You will be able to make a donation this way using your Pay Pal account.
· Deep Thought of the Week: If you ain’t willin’ to work for it, then don’t be complaining about not havin’ it.
· Notable Quote: “Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness; but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.”---PLATO
· That’s Puny Department: If you ever get an email about pork, ham, salt, and preservatives, don’t open it---it’s SPAM.