SPY's Newsletter 12/5/2021
SPY’s Community Newsletter #169
Library Holiday Raffle Coming To A Close
The Sunfield District Library Friends Group's annual holiday raffle is almost over! There have been many wonderful items donated from area businesses. Without these businesses and many individual supporters, we could not have the success that we experience. It is our hope that our communities will patronize their businesses.
A variety of gift baskets and gift cards, are on display. Items from the businesses of Mapes Furniture, A&W Grand Ledge, Hutson John Deere, Investment Solutions, Wagon Wheel, Farm Charm Crafts, Heinze Sugar Shack, APEC, Jordan Lake Floral and Delectable Delights are included.
Gift cards from many businesses are available, as well. Cards from Buddy’s on the Beach, Penny’s 5 Star Pizza, Tammy’s Hair Salon, Olivera's, Cugino's, Cracker Barrel, Outback, Culver’s, Tabby’s Chop Shop, and Swede’s Restaurant are included.
Individual “Friends” who have items on display include Tom & Sherrie Wacha, Diane Rogers, Jackie Carr, Mary Simmons, Doug & Katherine Schlappi, J.R. & Lisa Bell, Carol Santini, Kathy Hengesbach, Mike & Julie Hopkins, Phil & Peg Heinze, Brian & Sue Pinkston, The Cousin Club, Pat Haigh, Jackie Mulholland, Joyce Martin, and Beth Hynes.
A special donation from Mark Woodman Plumbing and Heating went directly to the raffle proceeds.
Tickets are on sale now through Saturday, Dec. 11th. Stop in during regular library hours to view all of the raffle items on display. All Covid precautions are in place to keep patrons, as well as staff, safe and healthy. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact library staff Tue-Fri 2pm-8pm and Sat 9am-1pm at (517) 566-8065.
Christmas Basket Distribution
Is On The Horizon
The Lakewood Community Council Christmas Basket distribution is coming up next Saturday, December 11th.
The Christmas Basket project helps nearly 200 families in the Lakewood area. Volunteers are needed to deliver the baskets to the designated families in the Sunfield area. Anyone that would like to help out, just show up at the Central Methodist Church in downtown Lake Odessa. It will take just a couple hours of your time, at the most. For Further information, please contact John Fisher at 517-648-0969. Thank you!
Please note that due to the Covid situation you will need to bring your mask.
Next SPY Meeting
The next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth will take place Tuesday, December 14th. Please be advised that we will be meeting at the Sunfield Library and that the meeting will start at 6:30 PM! Guests are always welcome. Hope to see you there.
Thank You Texas Hold ‘Em Volunteers!
A HUGE Sunfield Area SPY salute goes out to the fine folks that responded to our plea for volunteers to help out at the last Texas Hold ‘Em fundraiser that was held recently. A tremendous thank you goes out to the following great crew:
Jeff Gibbs (the event chairman)
John Fisher (2 shifts)
Mingo Salas (2 shifts)
Shari Woodman (2 shifts)
Rod & DeAnna Clark (2 shifts)
Buddy & Jari Collins
Dave & Denise Newman
We can’t begin to tell you how important these Texas Hold “Em fundraisers are to our ability to provide the many youth and community programs the SPY’s support.
Thank you volunteers! You all are special!
· John & Sandra Fisher made a donation to the Scholarship Fund in memory of Kathryn Allen.
• Deep Thought of the Week: Success is a vehicle that moves on a wheel called “Hard Work”. But, the journey is impossible without a fuel called “Self Confidence”.
• Notable Quote: “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”― Albert Einstein
• That’s Puny Department: I threw a ball for my dog... It's a bit extravagant I know, but it was his birthday and he looks great in a dinner jacket.
Did You Know Section: In 1959, the guy who wrote “Louie, Louie” sold the song’s rights for $750 to pay for his wedding. In the mid-80s, he was living on welfare with his mom in South Central LA, when a lawyer convinced him to take action to get the rights back. He settled out of court and became a millionaire.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.