SPY's Newsletter 12/12/2021
SPY’s Community Newsletter #170
Next SPY Meeting
The next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth will take place this coming Tuesday, December 14th. Please be advised that we will be once again meeting at the Sunfield Library and that the meeting will start at 6:30 PM! Guests are always welcome. Hope to see you there.
Christmas Basket Report
It was a gloomy, rain-threatening day on Saturday, for the Sunfield, Mulliken, and Woodbury part of the area distribution of the Lakewood Community Council’s Christmas Baskets. Thankfully, the rain held off so that the annual community task could go on without weather difficulty.
This year the turnout for Sunfield area distribution helpers was way, way, down over years past. We only had two crews, and one of them had to come back and take on another batch of deliveries. Because the trucks were loaded.
Since we were short-handed, we had Blake Brodbeck, from Woodland, and his kids Mason, Evie, and Cora, pitch in and make some of our Sunfield area deliveries.
Many thanks go out to the veteran helpers that went the extra mile, under adverse conditions, to see that the job got done. A sincere expression of appreciation goes out to our dedicated crew that consisted of:
We are indeed grateful for your willingness to serve the community in this way! Thank you!
With the SPY’s Annual Meeting of the Membership coming up on Saturday, January 15th, we are looking for some nominations in a couple of areas. First---A traditional “thing” that we do at the Annual Meeting is to recognize people both from within the organization, as well as the community at large, for their outstanding service or achievements. If you have anyone you would like to nominate for an award, please contact the SPY’s President Steve Grosshans at 269-838-6459, or email at email@example.com.
Second---At the SPY’s Annual Meeting is the election of officers for 2022. Any SPY member that is interested in serving as an officer in the organization, or would like to nominate someone you think might be interested, again, please contact Steve Grosshans at 269-838-6459, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Deep Thought of the Week: When love is unconditional, there's no attachment, expectation, hidden agenda, or bookkeeping of who gives what to whom. Our love is unconditional for whatever we are and whatever they are. It is given without requirements.
• Notable Quote: “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”― Maya Angelou
• That’s Puny Department: Don’t spell part backwards. It’s a trap.
Did You Know Section: The temperature in Fahrenheit can be approximated by counting the number of times a cricket chirps in 14 seconds and adding 40.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPYwebsite at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.