SPY's Newsletter 12/12/20
Christmas Basket Report
It was a gloomy, wet, rainy day on Saturday. In fact, it was the first time anyone could remember that it rained when the Sunfield, Mulliken, and Woodbury area distribution of the Lakewood Community Council’s Christmas Baskets took place. However, we did have a fine, intrepid crew brave the elements and show up to help with the deliveries in the Sunfield, Woodbury, and Vermontville destinations. Many thanks go out to the helpers that went the extra mile, under adverse conditions, to see that the job got done. A sincere expression of appreciation goes out to our soggy crew that consisted of:
Mike & Julie Hopkins
We are indeed grateful for your willingness to serve the community in this way!
SPY’s Announce An Officer Change
The Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) today are officially announcing that Renee Strimback has been elected and is taking over as the Secretary of the SPY’s organization. Renee is replacing Christina Grosshans, who’s term of office had expired. Christina had served in that position for five years and has done an outstanding job.
We appreciate Renee stepping up and being willing to serve in this critical position. We wish her much success!
Deb’s Pasties Are Back!
The season is here, and it’s pasty time. You’ll think you’re up in the UP when you smell one of Deb’s delicious homemade pasties. They are now available at Centennial Acres Golf Course & Banquet Center. Just give Deb a call at 517-927-1159 and lay in a supply. The price is just $6 each, or 6 for $30. Mmmmmmm, they’re yummy!
· Mark & Shari Woodman made contributions in memory of Janis Ainsworth and Mary Fender.
· John & Sandra Fisher made donations in memory of Mary Fender and Theo Savage.
We would like to send out an EXTRA SPECIAL Sunfield Area SPY salute to the following members of our Corporate Sponsor Program who have stepped up and made significant contributions recently. They are:
HSV Redi-Mix owners and employees
(Al & Diane Haskin)
Mapes Furniture Company
Mark Woodman Plumbing & Heating
(Mark & Shari Woodman)
Their support during this COVID mess has really been a great help to our ability to try and continue our various youth and community programs. This is especially true since we have only been able to run one small fund-raiser, the Dime Pitch Booth at the Farmer’s Picnic, since last February!
We are sincerely grateful for patronage and consideration.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
· Deep Thought of the Week: Apparently, it’s only appropriate to say, “Look at you! You got so big!” to children. Adults tend to get offended.
· Notable Quote: “Watch your thoughts, for they will become actions. Watch your actions, for they'll become... habits. Watch your habits for they will forge your character. Watch your character, for it will make your destiny.”---Margaret Thatcher
· That’s Puny Department: I accidently rubbed ketchup in my eyes…now I have Heinzsight.