SPY's Newsletter 12/1/20
* The following made a contribution to the SPY’s Scholarship Fund in memory of Janis Ainsworth:
The Sunfield Area SPY’s
John & Sandra Fisher
Lee & Roxie Hazel
* Chris & Jill Van Antwerp made their annual donation to the Scholarship Fund in memory of Fred & Mary Van Antwerp and Alan Van Antwerp.
* We received a donation from the Amazon Smile program that was a result of people naming the SPY’s when they make their purchases through Amazon.
Dime Pitch Booth Report
By Wayne Simmons
2020 was my first year as chairman of the SPY’s Dime Pitch Booth. And, the Sunfield Farmers Picnic was my first event venue. During this first year, I made a number of changes to the look and operation of the game. These changes were well received by the participants, as well as those that stopped by to check out the innovations. Even though the Covid-19 challenges caused numerous restrictions and challenges to the operation of the Dime Pitch, our 2020 event was a great success! I am anxiously looking forward to the 2021 season!
I wish to extend my sincere thanks to all game participants for playing and, through their generous donations, aiding in the mission of the Sunfield Area SPY’s! In addition, I am indeed grateful for the volunteers that helped with the setup, operation and takedown of the Dime Pitch. Their generous donation of time and effort are most appreciated!
What is coming for our 2021 season? I am hoping and praying that Covid-19 is brought under control for the sake of our entire country. Should that be achieved, perhaps more people would step-up and volunteer to help operate the Dime Pitch, which would allow us to further streamline the game operation.
I enjoyed my first year as chairman of the Dime Pitch and the friendships and camaraderie of the Sunfield Area SPY’s, along with everyone that I have met since returning to the Sunfield area.
· Deep Thought of the Week: Don’t blame a clown for acting like a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus.
· Notable Quote: “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution.”---Abraham Lincoln
· That’s Puny Department: I relabeled all of the jars in my wife’s spice rack. I’m not in trouble yet…but the thyme is cumin.