SPY's Newsletter 10/5/2023
SPY’s Community Newsletter
Check This Out!
A BIG Sunfield Area SPY and Community wide salute goes out to Shari Woodman and her son Andy for the wonderful fall themed decorating job they did at the “Sunfield Welcomes You” sign East of town. It is truly fantastic! Very nice job you two!
The next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) will take place this coming Tuesday, October 10, 2023. The meeting will be held at the Best Tax Service building starting at 6:30 PM. Guests are always welcome!
There is a business magazine that comes out of Lansing that is published monthly. It is called “517”. In the October issue they did a major story titled “Road Warriors” that is about cruise-ins and such. Featured in this story is none other than local legend Paul Campbell and his classic 1961 Chevy Apache 10 truck---picture and all. Congratulations on the notoriety Paul!
· Dorothy Wysack made a donation in memory of Joyce Martin.
· Jim & Glenda Steward also made a donation in memory of Joyce Martin.
· Burl Eberly made a donation as well in memory of Joyce Martin.
· Scott & Sharon Dow made a contribution in memory of Kate Mapes.
· John & Sandra Fisher made donations to the Scholarship Fund in memory of Vi Aho; Eunice Black and Lynn VanBuren.
On Tuesday, October 17, 2023, the Wagon Wheel American Grill in Portland will be donating 20% of all sales on that day to the Friends of the Sunfield Library. Here’s the catch---to take advantage of this deal a hungry patron must present the attached special coupon to their server.
A coupon is good ALL DAY and applies to both dine-in or take-out. What a unique way to help the Library!
· Deep Thought of the Week: Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen. Now add this---Many of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens.
• Notable Quote: ""Happiness lies not in the mere possession of money. It lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort."---Franklin D. Roosevelt
• That’s Puny Department: Where do bad rainbows go? Did you know they go to prism? But they get a light sentence and it gives them time to reflect.
• Did You Know Section: A tenth-century Chinese cook accidentally mixed saltpeter (a preservative), sulfur (a heat intensifier), and charcoal (fuel). The resulting explosion was the birth of fireworks and started an industry. Loaded into bamboo, the explosives would shoot up. These “flying arrows of fire” soon became an integral part of New Year’s, weddings, and other celebrations
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.