SPY’s Community Newsletter
SPY's Annual Meeting Coming Up On
Saturday, January 13, 2024
Here are the basics: Saturday, January 13th-----Sunfield Community Room---6 PM-----Catered Dinner.
The purpose of the Annual Meeting is to bring the membership up to date on all of our activities in the community; give the membership a full financial report, so you can see what our combined efforts have produced; hold the election of officers and conduct the transition of leadership; as well as provide an opportunity to get to know other SPY members and guests better, especially our newest members.
Members please note, that if you are planning on attending you must please let us know as soon as possible by calling our Secretary Renee Strimback at 269-967-5787, or simply reply to this Newsletter via email. We need to know how many people to plan for. Please do it now!
· Mapes Furniture made a donation in memory of Amy Rumfield.
· Tim & Jodi Spitzley also made a contribution in memory of Amy Rumfield.
· The next Texas Hold ‘Em event the SPY’s are scheduled to work will be held Monday, February 5th through Thursday, February 8th. Soon, we will be looking for volunteers to handle the chips.
· Deep Thought of the Week: I’ve learned that I feel better about myself when I make others feel better about themselves.
· Notable Quote: “Cyndi Lauper claims that ‘girls just wanna have fun’…Pffft! Puh---lease---Girls just wanna eat without getting fat and lose weight without exercising.”
· That’s Puny Department: Here is one that you’ll have to put your thinking caps on in order to get it----What is the definition of a guttural laugh? (Hint---Think Hawaiian). (Answer at the end of this Newsletter)
· Did You Know Section: The original “Price Is Right” game show gave contestants a real elephant as a gag prize, and planned later to give the winner $4,000 instead. One winner complained and demanded an elephant as promised. The show finally conceded and delivered it to the contestant’s home in Texas.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.
· PUN Answer: Aloha----Get it? A---Low-Ha