Highlights From Our Last Meeting
· Meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM at the Sunfield District Library.
· CORRESPONDANCE---A thank you card was received from Jerry Maurer.
· SECRETARY’S REPORT and TREASURER’S REPORT---Both were received and approved unanimously.
· OLD BUSINESS
1. Further discussion took place regarding updating the SPY’s informational brochure.
2. Steve Grosshans volunteered to pilot the “Sign-Up Genius.com” software in conjunction with the SPY’s/Centennial Acres Shootout golf event coming up in June to see how it works out.
3. The Sunfield Fire Department Auxiliary’s 2020 “Color Run” event sponsorship request was presented. The membership once again approved our annual $500 donation.
4. It was announced that Wayne Simmons had stepped up and volunteered to take on the SPY’s Dime Pitch Booth activity that we run at the Farmer’s Picnic. He will work with retiring chairperson Jody Root this year to learn the ropes.
1. Paul & Marci Teachworth, Head of the Sunfield Summer Athletic Association (SSAA) presented the initial budget for the 2020 Sunfield youth ball program. The initial funding request of $6,110.00 was approved unanimously. There was also discussion on the need for umpires for the coming season, (more on this in an upcoming newsletter), and some field maintenance issues.
2. A Winter Sports Reimbursements report was given. There were five reimbursement requests submitted. Upon further investigation by Treasured Shana Cappon, she found that 2 of the 5 were for Lakewood’s pay to play, (which the SPY’s don’t cover): 1 child never actually played; and 2 were submitted well past the established deadline.
3. John Fisher has been working on updating the member list, including everyone’s phone number & email address. He also presented a worker record format sheet to track members and what events they’ve volunteered at for review.
· Meeting adjourned at 8:11 PM.
The next meeting of the Sunfield Area SPY’s will take place on Tuesday, April 14th., starting at 7 PM. The meeting will be held in the Sunfield Library meeting room. Guest are always welcome!
We received a number of contributions recently. They came in from the following fine folks:
· Joanne Wilson; Jan Thelen; and Cynthia Selden donated through their UPS charity drive.
· The Sunfield Boy Scouts.
· Through a rebate generated by people who shopped through the Amazon Smile program.
· The Deamco Corporation renewing their 2020 SPY’s Corporate Sponsorship.
· Isabella Ieremias and Olivia Fisher made a donation to the Dime Pitch Booth activity.
· Oren & Rosie Best and Best Tax Service who made the following memorial donations:
IMO Meribeth Stroble
IMO Joan Hurlbut
IMO Sallie Moriarty
IMO Lloyd Corston
IMO Bea Boyer
IMO Alice Kidder
IMO Ivagene Smeltzer
IMO Carol Leak
IMO Iris Jackson
IMO Jeff Hummel
IMO Dave DeMond
Pictured, (left), is SPY’s Past-President Craig Mulholland presenting a Platinum Sponsor Award to Bill & Patti Weller. This marks their thirteenth year in the program.
In 2008, the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth took formal action to create a complimentary program that parallels their Corporate Sponsorships. It is the “Platinum Sponsor” program.
It is designed to recognize individuals that, like the businesses in our Corporate Sponsor program, have stepped forward to provide significant financial support for our youth and community building programs.
It recognizes private individuals that have contributed at least $500 to our organization in the past year. We are indeed gratified in that kind of support, and it is with sincere appreciation that we recognize them.
· Something To Ponder: “When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing. When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors. When you see that men get richer by graft and pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you. When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice. You may know that your society is doomed.”---Ayn Rand---Atlas Shrugged, 1957.
· If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s---events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
· NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address, and he will add them to the distribution. It’s as easy as that!