SPY's Newsletter #46
· The Lakewood Community Council has once again requested help with the annual Christmas Basket Project for the Lakewood School District. Drivers that are familiar with the Sunfield area are needed on Saturday, December 7th, at 9 AM. It will take just a couple hours of your time, at the most.
The Christmas Basket project helps nearly 200 families in the
Lakewood area. Volunteers are needed to deliver the baskets to the
designated families in the Sunfield area. Anyone that would like to
help out, just show up on Saturday, December 7th. at the
Central Methodist Church in downtown Lake Odessa. For Further
information, please contact John Fisher at 517-648-0969. Thank you!
· Mark your calendars! On Friday, January 10, 2020, the SPY’s Annual Meeting of the Membership will be held at the Centennial Acres clubhouse. Be looking for a letter in the mail detailing all of the information about the meeting. Please note that this year’s Annual Meeting will be held on a Friday NOT on a Saturday!
· We are still searching for a special person or persons to step forward and take over the SPY’s Dime Pitch Booth activity. The SPY’s Dime Pitch Booth is one of the highlights, especially for kids, at the Farmer’s Picnic. Not to mention it’s a nice little money-maker for the SPY’s. After a number of years doing a fantastic job of chairing this event for the SPY’s, Jody Root is retiring from her post. So, we are looking for someone(s) who would be interested in stepping-up and volunteering to take over heading-up the Dime Pitch Booth. (It only operates for two days at the Farmer’s Picnic, and there is lots of help!).
If you would like to volunteer, please give our President Steve Grosshans a call at 269-838-6459. Or, if you would like more information as to what’s involved, just give Jody a call at 517-231-8956.
· Heads-Up! In the next SPY Newsletter there will be a couple of very special announcements. One concerns the expansion of the SPY’s / Community Foundation scholarship and awards program that will cover a whole new area. The other special announcement will be about the possibility of the elimination of the organization’s current dues structure. Stay tuned for full details.
· With the Sunfield Sentinel ceasing publication in late December of this year it creates a critical situation for how to best communicate with members of the SPY’s as well as the Community in general. One way we hope to close that communication gap is through the expansion of the distribution of the Newsletters.
So, if you know of anyone who would like to be added to the “SPY’s Newsletter” distribution list just send John Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org) their email and it will be taken care of.