SPY's Newsletter 4/5/20
SPY’s Newsletter #78
We surely find ourselves in unprecedented times, at least in our lifetime. We can only hope and pray that this will end soon and we can slowly get back to normal.
In this Newsletter we are highlighting some local news and cancellations that have been passed along to us. If anyone out there that has something they would like to pass along through these Newsletters please contact John Fisher at 517-648-0969.
1. The Centennial Acres annual Easter Brunch, scheduled to be held on Sunday, April 12th, has been cancelled.
2. From the Sunfield Summer Athletic Association Board: “We know there is a lot of uncertainty in the world right now. Unfortunately with the decision to cancel school for the rest of the year, we regret to inform you that our community T-ball; Pee-Wee; and Little League baseball; and all girls softball seasons for 2020 have also been cancelled.”
“We are looking into some other options for getting the kids together at some point this summer and hope to have more information to share soon.”
“If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We love this community, miss you all and we will see you soon! Stay safe and healthy everyone!”----The SSAA Board
3. Did you know that there is a group of local volunteers that have
come together through the efforts of Pastor Darrel Bosworth and County Commissioner Rob Piercefield to do shopping and delivery and /or to pick-up prescriptions for seniors or at-risk people? Contact Rob Piercefield at 517-449-3246 for further information.
4. Annual Color Run Postponed---It is with great disappointment that we are announcing the postponement of the 5th annual color run. As a group, we are saddened at this decision, however, our mission is to “Support those who run in, when others run out.” We feel it is best to not only respect the safety of our local first responders, but also our community. We cannot do our color run without both groups. This year was a year we had aimed at giving back to the community who has supported us for the past 5 years.
This does not mean the event is cancelled. We are going to be closely monitoring the situation and looking for the best alternative date. After we have made that decision, you will be notified. If you have already registered for the event and would like a refund, please reach out to us on our page or at
If you are a sponsor of the event, you will be contacted directly in regards to your options as a sponsor at this time.
The Sunfield-Sebewa-Danby Fire Department Auxiliary thanks you for your past and present support and we look forward to an awesome celebration when we can safely do so. Until then friends, stay safe and healthy and master a board game as a family!
Celebrating 120 Years of History
Please join us on Saturday, July 18, 2020 from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. downtown Sunfield as we look back and celebrate 120 years of history of the Sunfield Sebewa Danby Fire Department.
We are looking to include all former department members - if you have a family member or friend that was a member of the department please add them to this group or have them contact us at email@example.com
Swede’s Offering Take-Out Service
The internationally famous Swede’s Restaurant & Grill in Mulliken is offering meal take-out service during the current flu crisis. Here are some details:
7 AM to 2 PM---Monday thru Friday
7 AM to Noon---Saturday & Sunday
The menu changes. Just call 517-649-8941 for further information and menu options.
Four-pound family meal trays are also being offered with Pulled Pork; Pot Roast; Mac & Cheese; and Goulash as current options. These meal trays feed 8 to 10 people, and a variety of sides are available.
Please order ahead for the meal trays. Swede’s number again is 517-649-8941.
Sharon Davis made a donation in memory of Iris Jackson.
· Something To Ponder: In regards to this COVID-19 virus thing, I guess you could say that God got so mad about all of our fighting down here that he sent us all to our rooms.
· Thoughts On Aging: Most people don’t think I’m as old as I am until they hear me stand up.