SPY's Newsletter 3/8/23
SPY’s Community Newsletter #247
Next SPY Meeting
The next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (SPY’s) will be held on Tuesday, March 14th. starting at 6:30 PM, at the Best Tax Service building on M-43.
News From The SSAA
Again this year you have an opportunity to order Sunfield Summer Athletic Association shirts to support our summer ball programs. These shirts are Gildan Softstyle and run true to size. Shirts are $20 for sizes youth thru adult XL (add $2 for XXL and up)
If you would like to order a shirt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, size, and if you'd like it to say Softball or Baseball. You will receive a response confirming your order and to arrange payment. Payment is due at time of order. We will be turning our order into our screen printer on March 24th so please send your request prior to 3/23.
Feel free to share with your family and friends that may want to support the SSAA! Thank you!
Wild Game Dinner / Sportsman’s Night
Parade Of Big Winners #1
Pictured is Keegan McManes who won the highly sought after gun safe donated by Brace Financial Services of Lansing.
Pictured is Yvette Davis who was the lucky winner of the $500 romantic getaway from Sybaris.
Pictured is Jodi Hostetler took home a six-man ice fishing shanty with sled and heater made by Thunder Bay.
• Deep Thought of the Week: The trouble with inferiority complexes is that the right people don’t have them.
Notable Quote: ''A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire.''---Francois De La Rochefoucauld
• That’s Puny Department: The other day I met a great lady at the Convent. Her name was Sister Maria. She is renowned for her intelligence. They call her “Nun the Wiser”.
• Did You Know Section: On August 28, 1921, station WEAF in New York ran the very first radio commercial, which was sponsored by the Queensboro Realty Corporation of Jackson Heights to promote Hawthorne Court, a group of apartment buildings in Queens. It cost $100 for 10 minutes.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Community Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.