SPY’s Community Newsletter #242
Oh, What A Night!
The SPY’s 26th Annual Wild Game Dinner / Sportsman’s Night held this past Saturday night was an event to behold! The Centennial Acres clubhouse was jam packed for this once again sold-out event. Pete Weller heads up this extravaganza, and this year he instituted a number of clever and well-received innovations.
In the next few SPY’s Community Newsletters we will be providing much, much more detailed information about the event---the multitude of various winners----details on donors and helpers---etc. etc. etc., so please stay tuned.
I noticed today that preliminary site work has begun for the construction of the new Dollar Store in Sunfield. It is to be located on the North side of M-43, pretty much across from the Best Tax Service office.
News From The Sunfield Summer Athletic Association
Please be advised that online sign ups for Sunfield Area Youth are now open and can be completed at:
If you prefer to sign up in person, you may do so at the Sunfield Library on February 18th from 10 AM - 12 PM. We will also have sample uniforms available so you can verify the size your player will need.
Reminder: If you live within the old Sunfield Elementary School boundaries, your child will play for Sunfield FOR FREE!
If you don't live with the boundaries, but wish to serve on the SSAA Board---or help with concessions---or assist with coaching a team-----your child can still play for free in Sunfield. Just fill out the online form and check which option you can help with.
The SSAA is also excited to announce their new executive board for the 2023 season:
President- Andy Galloway
Vice President - Samantha Cappon
Treasurer - Mandy Grosshans
Secretary - Nikki Barber
Fields Manager - Heather Reschner
Equipment Manager - Rich Grove
Uniform Manager - Stacie Deyarmond
You can reach any of our our board members by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Final Note: The funding for the SSAA summer ball programs is provided by the Sunfield Area SPY’s.
Be Sure To Check Out The Big Sale
Mapes Furniture is having their 131st. Anniversary Sale for the entire month of February. Great deals, and interest free financing. Check it out!
· A BIG Sunfield Area SPY’s salute goes out to Mapes Furniture for renewing their participation in our Corporate Sponsor Program. Thank you Mapes for your continued support for our youth and community programs!
CENTENNIAL ACRES GOLF & BANQUET CENTER
Notice of Expanded Employment Opportunities
Centennial Acres Golf Course is currently seeking to hire personnel for all levels of service relating to food and beverage for the upcoming 2023 golf season and 2023 year-round special events. The work environment is fast-paced, with an atmosphere of high energy
Positions Available: Food Preparation Staff
Food and Beverage Service Staff
Work Description: Food Preparation, Food and Beverage Serving, Counter Services, Outdoor Grill Services, and General Kitchen Duties and Assistance.
Job Details & Requirements:
· Applicant must possess a positive work ethic, a pleasant attitude, and be an ambitious self-starter.
· Applicant must be able to work well with others and follow directions.
· Applicant must be able to communicate and interact well with customers of all ages.
Hours: Part-time and full-time employment is available with staffing needed for the full seven days of each week. Work schedule options can be flexible and based on employee requests and needs. Numerous work hours are available, if desired.
Pay Scale: Pay is based on experience and level of services applicant can provide, with opportunity for advancement. Previous experience is not required, CA will provide training.
Applicant must be 17 years of age to apply.
Food & Beverage Services: The food and beverage program of Centennial Acres is extensive and covers numerous levels of food service events varying from day to day and year round.
· Daily Menu services - Burgers, hotdogs, fries, sandwiches, salads, soups.
· Nightly Food Specials - Entrees, salads, baskets.
· Wedding Receptions - Fine dining, full-course menus.
· Special Events - Buffets, banquets, brunches, luncheons, and dinners for open houses, reunions, showers, holiday parties, and business gatherings.
· Golf Outings - Outdoor barbecue grill, luncheons, dinners, and drink cart services.
· Beverage Services (including alcoholic beverages)
Contact: John Nagel, General Manager
• Deep Thought of the Week: When you clean out a vacuum cleaner---you become a vacuum cleaner.
· Notable Quote: “An inventor is simply a fellow who doesn't take his education too seriously."-----Charles F. Kettering
• That’s Puny Department: A T-Rex and a Velociraptor are sitting in a bar. And, the Velociraptor points to a Triceratops in the corner and says, “Why is he first to get served?” The T-Rex replies, “Because he was herbivorous.” (Don’t get it? Say it slowly.)
• Did You Know Section: As an experiment at one Olympics only, the 1912 Stockholm Games, shot putters, and discus and javelin throwers made one throw with the left hand, one with the right, and the greatest aggregate total won.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Community Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.