SPY's Newsletter 12/27/2019
SPY’s Newsletter #51
• Don’t forget the Annual Meeting of the SPY’s Membership is coming up on Friday, January 10th. at the Centennial Acres clubhouse. SPY members should have received a letter by now with all of the details. Don’t forget to RSVP to Christina Grosshans to let her know whether or not you will be attending. Christina’s phone number is 616-893-7942, and her email address is grosshans.christina @gmail.com
· The SPY’s hold regular monthly membership meetings on the second Tuesday of the month at the Sunfield District Library meeting room. They start at 7 PM. Please note that there is no regular membership meeting held in January due to the Annual Meeting of the Membership.
· The SPY’s 25th annual Wild Game Dinner / Sportsman’s Night is coming up on Saturday, February 1st. Event Chairman Pete Weller has indicated that tickets will be available soon. They will be $30 each, and there will only be 200 available. Smoke’n Pig is catering the main meal this year. There will also be fish and gator.
Once again, there will be many, many great prizes this year, as well as a lot a number of innovations that should make this year’s Wild Game Dinner a rather special extravaganza!
· Our Texas Hold ‘Em chairman Wendel Peabody reports that our first Texas Hold ‘Em event of 2020 will take place March 1st. thru the 3rd. (That’s a Sunday; Monday; and Tuesday) Please mark your calendars and think about helping out for a shift. Details will follow in the weeks ahead.
We are happy to report that the Legislature recently changed some of the rules involving Hold ‘Ems and we no longer need three people per shift. We will be able to go back to the original two person format.
· The SPY’s annual Euchre Night (AKA “The Showdown on Main Street”) takes place on Saturday, March 7th. Details to follow. Get the date on your calendar!
· We wish to acknowledge a multitude of contributions that come in for the Scholarship Fund or The Youth Activities Trust fund that were unable to make it in the last issue of the Sunfield Sentinel before it ceased publication. Our thanks go out to the following fine folks:
Hilltop Card Room
Dave & Bev Brown
John & Sandra Fisher made donations in memory of Sallie Moriarty; Alice Kidder; and Lloyd Cranston
DW’s Outback Card Room donated in memory of Gerry Weller
Donations in memory of Ray Wilcox came in from:
Robert & Diana Overholt
Jeff & Betsy Gibbs
Lewis & Emma Trowbridge
Ron & Christine Cunningham
John & Sandra Fisher
John & Denise Forell
Scott & Sharon Dow
Leroy & Iris Wion
· We also send out a salute to Neil & Michele Estep who donated several bags of stuffed animals for the Dime Pitch Booth activity. Thank you!