SPY's Newsletter 11/27/22
SPY’s Community Newsletter #228
Sunfield Christmas Parade
The Sunfield Christmas Parade has really grown over the years with most merchants in the Sunfield area participating. Also, the Portland High School Band; Santa & Mrs. Claus; along with their Elves; not to mention the Grinch & Cindy Loo-Who will also be appearing. Should be fun with Pizza being served after the parade, with hot coffee & hot chocolate. And, it’s all free!
Next SPY Meeting
The next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (SPY’s) will be held on Tuesday, December 13th starting at 6:30 PM, at the Best Tax Service building on M-43 just West of the blinker light. Guests are always welcome!
Glassware Donations Sought
Clean out the cupboards and round up any glassware, (especially logoed glasses), that the SPY’s can use in their Dime Pitch Booth at the Farmer’s Picnic. If you have anything to donate please contact our new project chairpeople, Zeke & Samantha Cappon at 517-331-3360, or drop off any donations at the Best Tax Service office.
• Deep Thought of the Week: Have a nice day ~ unless you have other plans!
• Notable Quote: “It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”-----Seneca
• That’s Puny Department: Did you hear about the kid who ate eight toy horses? He was hospitalized and is now in stable condition.
• Did You Know Section: The song “Dixie”, the anthem of the South, was actually written in a New York hotel room by a man from Ohio. The year was 1859, and composer Daniel Decatur Emmett wrote the song on a rainy Sunday afternoon for Bryant’s Minstrels, one of the black-faced minstrel shows popular at the time. It proved to be such a hit that other minstrel shows around the country started using it too.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.