Sunfield SPY’s / Community Foundation Announce New Program
The Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (SPY’s) and the Sunfield Community Foundation are please to announce an expansion of their Scholarship Program.
For the past thirty-three years, 188 area students have received over $250,000 in scholarships and awards thus far through the Scholarship Program.
Starting with this year’s graduation class, the Scholarship Program will be expanded to cover any area student that wishes to enter a trade. The following is the basic criteria for these new opportunities:
· Applicant must be a resident of the Sunfield Area (i.e.: lives within the boundaries of the old Sunfield Elementary School Attendance Area).
· Applicant must apply in writing on the form provided by March 15th of the year of graduation.
· Applicant must provide a high school transcript.
· Home-school applicants are also eligible, but must submit SAT or ACT scores.
· This is a one-time award.
· If a scholarship winner, you must be able to show proof of college registration to receive money.
· If applicant is entering an apprentice program, a cash “Tool Allowance” award will be made upon presentation of documentation of at least six-months employment in an apprentice program.
· The decision of the Scholarship Selection Committee is final and is not subject to appeal.
Applications are available through the Lakewood High School guidance office or from the SPY’s website.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact John Fisher at 517-648-0969, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.