SPY's Newsletter 10/26/22
Check This Out!
The Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) have recently had a proposal passed on to us from some great friends and supporters. It comes from Gabriel & Katherine Ieremias, owners of Empire Motors of Lansing.
Here’s the deal, if you have a need in the transportation area and buy a vehicle from Empire Motors, just show them this page from the newsletter, (or a picture of this page), and you will get $500 off the price of the vehicle! But that’s not all! For every car they sell through this program, Empire Motors will make a $500 donation to the SPY’s.
Empire Motors has over 300 vehicles in stock. You can check them out by going to their website at www.EMPIREMOTORSMI.com, or stop in at
6272 South Martin Luther King in Lansing
Empire Motors also has financing available at 4915 South Martin Luther King.
Please note that this offer expires on December 31, 2022
SPY’s Salute Brodbeck Seed Sales
Pictured (left) is Kory Brodbeck, representing Alan Brodbeck and Brodbeck Seed Sales, accepting a Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (SPY’s) Corporate Sponsor plaque from SPY’s Past President Craig Cappon. Brodbeck Seed Sales is the newest member of the SPY’s Corporate Sponsor Program.
Fire Department Auxiliary News
Please see the attached “Celebration Poles” notice and information below.
Next SPY Meeting Date Changed
Please be advised that the date for the next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) has been changed. We normally would be meeting on Tuesday, November 8th, but due to that being election day and many having conflicts, the meeting has been moved to Thursday, November 10th. We will be meeting at the Best Tax Service building starting at 6:30 PM.
We received a very nice note along with a contribution in memory of Janis Ainsworth from the Ainsworth Family. We thank them for their thoughtfulness and consideration!
• Deep Thought of the Week: What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.
• Notable Quote: "When I was young, I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties, I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then, and I’m labeled senile." -----George Burns
• That’s Puny Department: I know a woman that owns a taser. Man, is she stunning!
• Did You Know Section: In 1913, it was legal to mail children. With stamps attached to their clothing, children rode trains to their destinations, accompanied by letter carriers. A newspaper reported it cost 53 cents for parents to mail their daughter to her grandparents for a family visit.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past
SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.