SPY Newsletter 9/1/20
SPY’s Newsletter #98
Hold ‘Em Canceled
Please be advised that our next Texas Hold “Em fundraiser that the SPY’s were scheduled to work later this coming week has been CANCELED. This makes the fourth major fundraiser that we have had to cancel since February due to the Covid mess, making our budget mighty lean for 2020.
Next SPY Meeting
The next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) will be held Tuesday, September 8th, starting at 7 PM. Since the Library meeting room is still unavailable, we will be meeting at the pavilion in Floyd Van Buren Park. Guests are always welcome!
SPY’s Community Celebration Calendar Reminder
Our SPY’s Community Celebration Calendars project chairperson, Rosie Best reports that the calendars will be delivered to the people that ordered them. They are also available for pick up at the Best Tax Service office at 8071 Grand Ledge Highway (M-43), on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9-5, or other times by appointment.
Adopt-A-Highway Trash Pick-Up Coming!
The final Adopt-A-Highway trash pick-up of the season will take place on Saturday, September 26th. The SPY's pick-up trash along M-43 from Round Lake Road on the west side of town to Shaytown Road on the east side of town, three times a year in conjunction with the Michigan Department of Transportation program. Anyone interested in lending a hand, just show up at 9 AM in the Best Tax Service parking lot just West of the Sunfield blinker light. If you need more information please call our project chairman Derek Desgranges at 269-838-7686.
Derek says if for any reason you can’t make it on the 26th, but would still like to help out by doing some picking up on a different day, just give him a call and get some bags and he will give you a small section to take care of.
A BIG Sunfield Area SPY salute goes out to Jim Peabody for his recent donation to our Dime Pitch Booth activity. Thank you Jim!
· Something To Ponder: A Politician who adds anything to a stimulus bill not directly related to the pandemic is no better than someone who loots during a natural disaster.
· Thoughts On Aging: I’ve combined a laxative and alphabet soup. I call it “Letter Rip”.
· If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
Can we help you---your organization---your business? Simply email your item to john.sandrafisher@gmail .com.
· If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s---events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
· NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address, and I will add them to the distribution. It’s as easy as that!