SPY Newsletter 4/26/22
SPY’s Community Newsletter #191
For This Saturday
Well, we tried. Last Saturday was the original target date to do the initial Adopt-A-Highway roadside trash pick-up. However, Mother Nature didn’t cooperate when we had over an inch of rain dumped on us Friday. So, common sense prevailed and we postponed the pick-up to this Saturday, April 30th. Hopefully, it will be drier.
All helpers are asked to meet at the Best Tax Service building, located just west of the Sunfield blinker light on M-43 at 9 AM. Any Questions? Give our fearless leader, Derek Desgranges a call at 269-838-7686.
Still Need Two Shift Volunteers
The Sunfield Area SPY’s are still in need of two shift workers to help out at this week’s Texas Hold ‘Em fund-raiser. Here’s what we need:
Thursday, April 28th. 6:15 pm - 10:30 pm shift---need 2 people
For further information about working the event please contact our event Chairman Jeff Gibbs by means of any of the following ways:
· e-mail at MSgtGibbs@Hotmail.com
· or via text at (517) 930-6989,
· or via voice message at (517) 566-3355.
Next SPY Meeting
The next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (SPY’s) will be held next Tuesday, May 10th. starting at 6:30 PM, at the Best Tax Service building on M-43. Guests are always welcome!
SPY’s Celebration Calendar
Rosie Best (517-331-0836) is the chairperson of this annual community project. These calendars have been a fixture in our area for over 60 years. Rosie could use some help with mailing the reminder cards; proofing pages before they go to print; and checking for any ad changes. This all takes place in mid-May. For more information or to volunteer, please give Rosie a call.
SSAA Is Still Looking For Umpires
The Sunfield Summer Athletic Association (the SSAA) is still looking for some folks interested in umpiring youth baseball and softball ball games this coming season here in Sunfield. This is a CASH paying job! For more information, or to sign up for duty, please contact Steve Grosshans at 269-838-6459.
Centennial Acres Golf & Banquet Center
Has A Couple Of Job Openings
They are looking to hire team members for the 2022 golf season.
Centennial Acres is a very busy 27-hole golf course & banquet center. This is a great opportunity to join their team. If you are looking for seasonal, part time or full time employment between April 1st. and October 1st., please apply today. Here’s what they are looking for:
· They are currently looking for an individual to help mow greens. Here are the details---Approximately minimum 10-15 hours per week---Need early morning availability on Saturdays and/or Sundays---Set days and work times are an option---Great starting pay---Golf with cart privileges.
· Golf Starter, Course Ranger, and Golf Car Attendant Staff positions. Here are the details---Great summer job. Interact with happy golfers that need direction---Approx. 10-20 per week---Flexible hours---Work outdoors---Golf and Cart privileges---Perfect summer job for a student or retired person.
If you are interested in joining their team please email your interest to:
They are looking to fill these opportunities quickly. Act now!!!
· It was good news indeed when the story broke recently that a major part of the old Sunfield Elementary School had been leased to a new child care entity. I stopped in today to meet the owner and will be providing some details shortly. They hope to be up and running by mid-May
· We had an Anonymous contribution of a number of stuffed animals for the Dime Pitch Booth activity.
· The fabulous Centennial Acres “Friday Night Fish Fry’s” return starting May 6th. They will continue every other Friday night throughout the summer. They will be serving from 5:30 PM til 8:30 PM. Be sure to check it out.
• Deep Thought of the Week: Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
• Notable Quote: ''The really unhappy person is the one who leaves undone what they can do, and starts doing what they don't understand; no wonder they come to grief.''-----Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
• That’s Puny Department: What did the janitor say when he jumped out of the closet? (Answer at the end of this Newsletter).
• Did You Know Section: 32 years after Aaron Burr killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel, Burr's wife left him. Her divorce attorney was Alexander Hamilton Jr.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---
scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at
firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.
· Answer to the Pun question: “SUPPLIES”.