SPY's Newsletter 6/29/2022
SPY’s Community Newsletter #200
Centennial Acres Is Having A
Fish Fry This Friday
That’s right folks, the Centennial Golf & Banquet Center’s Fish Fry returns this Friday, July 1st. Get a generous portion of house battered Walleye—French fries or baked potato---cole slaw---roll---home-made tartar sauce---and brownie. Yum!
Serving starts at 5 PM and goes until 8:30 PM. To-go orders are welcome by calling 517-566-8055. Check it out!
The Mark & Mary Hanna Platinum Sponsor Team
Are the Shootout Mega Champions
Here is the overall championship team from the Centennial Acres / SPY Shootout Golf Tournament held recently. This powerful outfit not only won the Men’s Senior Division, but they also won the coveted Challenge Cup when the posted a score of 57 for the event, which was the lowest score shot across ALL of the divisions that participated in the Shootout!
Pictured (L to R) are “Slammin’” Stacey Bosworth; Bill “The Blaster” Bosworth; Lee “Long Ball” Bosworth; and Mark “The Masher” Hanna.
“Sunfield Welcomes You”
Sign Project Update
We have obtained all of the necessary material to replace the broken braces; rusted hardware, and to reset the footing posts. We are still studying how to best go about preparing the existing painted sign surface. If anyone out there has any thoughts or expertise on the matter, please take a look at the sign and give us a call at 517-648-0969.
We are also looking for contributors to help cover the expense of paint and repair material. If you would like to help out some way in this very worthy community endeavor, please contact John Fisher at 517-648-0969.
The Third Annual Sunfield Farmer’s Picnic
Cars (And More) Show & Parade News
The third annual Car---Truck---Tractor---Motor Cycle show and parade will take place during the Farmer’s Picnic on Saturday, August 20th. The vehicles will be on display on Main Street from
9 AM til 4 PM. This year there will even be a Tractor Taxi service provided by the Klotz Family Farms to and from the park to downtown.
See flyer below for further details, or call Paul Campbell at 517-204-6066. Come check it out!
Here are some upcoming events that details on each will be featured in upcoming Newsletters:
· The next meeting of the Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth will be held on Tuesday, July 12th.
· Our next Adopt-A-Highway trash pick-up will take place on Saturday, July 16th.
· The next Texas Hold ‘Em we are scheduled to work will start Wednesday, August 31st. thru Saturday, September 3rd.
· There will be a special SPY’s benefit dinner sponsored and being held at the Wagon Wheel Grill in Portland on Tuesday, September, 13th.
• Deep Thought of the Week: Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.
• Notable Quote: "The older I get, the better I used to be.”---Lee Trevino
• That’s Puny Department: When I lost the fingers on my right hand in a freak accident, I asked the doctor if I would be able to write with it. He said, “Probably, but I wouldn’t count on it.”
• Did You Know Section: A committee formed in 1970 recommended in 1973 a Universal Product Code for supermarket items that would allow electronic scanning of prices. In June of 1994, a pack of Wrigley’s gum was swiped across the first checkout scanner at a supermarket in Troy, Ohio.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past
SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at www.sunfieldareaspys.com.
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Newsletters, just send me an email at email@example.com with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.