SPY's Newsletter 1/1/23
SPY’s Community Newsletter #235
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Wild Game Dinner Update
The SPY’s 26th Annual Wild Game Dinner / Sportsman’s Night is coming up on Saturday, February 4, 2023. The SPY’s Fearless Leader of this extremely popular event is Pete Weller. The following is a message from Pete:
We are getting closer to what has become the SPY’s major annual fund-raising event. As always, we are doing our best to make this evening extremely eventful. As a sneak preview of some of the unique prizes available this year I encourage each of you to please check out the links below to see some of what has been donated thus far:
This first link is a very nice family / couples place that will be in one of the drawings. There will be $500.00 and $100.00 Gift Certificates.
Sybaris – Romantic Weekend Getaways in Chicago, Milwaukee, Indianapolis
This next link is to High Caliber Carting in Okemos, a family friendly facility started and owned by one of Sunfield’s Young Men, Jordan Munster. You will have the opportunity to win 1 of 5 $100.00 Gift Certificates with your chips.
Michigan's #1 Indoor Action & Entertainment Park | High Caliber Karting and Entertainment
The Guns this year have been purchased from Shattuck’s Great Outdoors, Justin Shattuck was able to help us with the funding and we are appreciative of what he has done so far. I encourage you to look at this local business and stop by see Justin Shattuck.
Shattucks Great Outdoors | Facebook
There will be several items for raffle called Man Crates, these are going to be surprises since you do not know what each has. The following link will take you to Man Crates so Please take a look.
Awesome Gifts For Men, Best Gift Ideas for Men | Man Crates
Much, much, much, much more to come in the next couple weeks.
Also all attendees, please keep in mind that this event is for the kids!
Thank You All
P.S.---Event Tickets are available and can be picked up at Pete’s Place or can be delivered.
· John & Sandra Fisher made a donation to the Youth Activities Trust Fund. in memory of Charlie Bumgardner.
· The Sunfield Area Sponsors of Programs for Youth (the SPY’s) also made a contribution in memory of Charlie Bumgardner.
SPY’s Annual Meeting of the Membership
Is This Saturday
Members please note, that if you are planning on attending the Annual Meeting THIS Saturday, January 7th at the Community Rooms in Sunfield you must please let us know as soon as possible by
calling our Membership Director John Fisher at 517-648-0969, or simply reply to this Newsletter email. We need to know how many people to plan for. Please do it now!
• Deep Thought of the Week: Good manners will open doors that the best education cannot.
· Notable Quote: “You are what you do, not what you say you will do.”---Carl Jung
• That’s Puny Department: Did you hear about the weekly poker game with Vasco da Gama, Christopher Columbus, Leif Erikson, and Francisco Pizarro? The poor saps can never seem to beat the Straights of Magellan.
• Did You Know Section: The whoopee cushion was invented by the 14-year old Roman Emperor, Elagabalus, who used it frequently at dinner parties under the chairs of pompous guests. He was assassinated by the time he was 18.
1. If there is any organization or business out there that has something they would like to advertise or promote, please feel free to submit it to this Newsletter and we will help publicize it. There is no charge. We are glad to provide this means as a public service to help keep the community informed.
2. If you are looking for further information about the SPY’s events---Corporate or Platinum Sponsorship information---scholarship forms---youth sports reimbursement forms---past SPY newsletters---etc.---just go to the SPY website at
3. NOTE: If you know of anyone who would like to receive these SPY’s Community Newsletters, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their email address and we will add them to the distribution list.